If you’re a fan of spicy, smoky flavours, you’re going to love our Texas Twinkies recipe. These stuffed jalapeños are filled with a creamy mixture of cream cheese, smoked brisket, and sharp cheddar cheese, then wrapped in bacon and seasoned with barbecue seasoning. And if that wasn’t enough, they’re grilled to perfection on a Memphis Grill and brushed with barbecue sauce for extra flavour. Trust us, these Texas Twinkies are sure to be a hit at your next barbecue. Give this recipe a try and bring some spice to your grill game.
- 12 Jalapeños
- 8 oz - Cream cheese, softened
- 5 oz - Smoked brisket
- 3 oz - Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp - Smoked paprika
- 12 slices Bacon
- Barbecue seasoning, store-bought or homemade
- Barbecue sauce, store-bought or homemade
- Set your Memphis Grill to 275°F in indirect flame mode with the indirect insert. We recommend using oak or mesquite wood pellets.
- Slice jalapeños halfway through below the stem then make a perpendicular cut to form a “T”. Gently open jalapeños, being careful not to break them, and scrape off the flesh and seeds with a spoon or a knife. If desired, keep some of the flesh to mix back into the stuffing.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, smoked brisket, sharp cheddar, smoked paprika, and if desired, some jalapeño flesh for extra heat.
- Stuff each jalapeño with the cream cheese mixture, then wrap with a slice of bacon and season with barbecue seasoning.
- Place stuffed jalapeños on the grill and close the lid. Cook until bacon reaches desired doneness, between 35 min to 1 hour. Brush with barbecue sauce halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.