- 2 Large eggplants
- 3 tbsp - Extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- 3 tbsp - Tahini sauce
- 2 tbsp - El Yucateco Chiltepin Habanero Hot Sauce
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tbsp - Honey
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp - Fresh dill, chopped
- ⅓ cup - Greek yogurt
- Salt, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat you charcoal grill with a full chimney of hot coals. We recommend using lump charcoal instead of briquettes.
- Once the coals are white-hot, place the whole eggplants directly on the coals. Char them, turning occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes or until the skin is blackened and the flesh is soft.
- Carefully remove the eggplants from the coals and let them cool slightly. Once cool, peel off the charred skin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the charred eggplant flesh, El Yucateco Habanero & Chiltepin Hot Sauce, Tahini sauce, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, minced garlic, and fresh dill. Mix well until smooth. Fold in the Greek yogurt, and season with salt to taste.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and drizzle with additional El Yucateco Habanero & Chiltepin Hot Sauce, olive oil, and season with fresh dill and toasted sesame seeds.