As the aroma of sizzling bacon and juicy burgers filled the air, I knew it was going to be a good day. I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into the infamously delicious Luther Burger. With a patty made of ground beef mixed with crispy fried onions and a hint of Worcestershire sauce, this burger was bound to be juicy and flavorful. And the addition of glazed donuts as buns? Pure genius. As the burgers reached their perfect temperature, I topped them with a slice of American cheese, allowing it to melt and blend with all the other delicious umami flavors. Finally, the finishing touch – a strip of crispy, savory bacon. I took a bite, and all my taste buds were in heaven. This was the ultimate indulgence for any burger lover.
- 2 lb - 20/80 Ground beef
- 1 cup - (4 oz) Crispy fried onions
- 2 tbsp - Worcestershire sauce
- 6 strips Bacon
- 2 slices American cheese
- 12 Glazed donuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set your Memphis Grill to Medium flame made with the direct flame insert. We recommend using apple wood pellets.
- Combine ground beef with crispy fried onions and worcestershire sauce. Form into 6 equal sized patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill bacon with the lid open to desired doneness, around 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Grill burgers with the lid open until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Move grilled burger patties to your grill’s warming rack and top with a slice of American cheese.
- Grill donuts for 30 seconds per side.
- Assemble burgers with grilled donuts as buns, a grilled burger patty and a slice of bacon.