If you’re a rib fanatic, you’re going to want to try our Smoked and Fried Ribs recipe. These St. Louis cut pork spare ribs are seasoned with barbecue rub and cooked to perfection on a Memphis Grill. Then, they’re fried and coated in a spicy buffalo sauce made with Louisiana-style hot sauce and butter. The end result is a rib that is tender, flavourful, and simply irresistible. Elevate your barbecue game and give this recipe a try. We guarantee that these ribs will be the talk of the party.
- 2 Racks pork spare ribs, St.Louis cut
- Barbecue rub, store-bought or homemade
- 3 quart - Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup - Louisiana-style aged cayenne hot sauce
- ½ cup - (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Set your Memphis Grill to 225°F in indirect flame mode with the indirect insert. We recommend using hickory or pecan wood pellets.
- Cut the racks into individual ribs. Season with barbecue rub.
- Place ribs on the grill and close the lid. Cook until the meat has shrunk by about ½ to ¾ an inch from the bones, this should take 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove ribs from heat and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce in a skillet then add the butter. Whisk until the butter is completely melted and incorporated into the sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat frying oil to 375°F.
- Fry ribs 6 at a time for 2 minutes then transfer to a baking dish lined with paper towels. Repeat for the remaining ribs.
- Transfer fried ribs to a large stainless steel bowl. Pour buffalo sauce over the ribs and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.