You know what they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Well, this Garbage Bread is the ultimate treasure, packed with all the delicious leftovers you can imagine. Start by cooking up some lean ground beef and onions in a skillet, then add a little kick with some El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce. Next, roll out some pizza dough and pile on the toppings – we’re talking pepperoni, pickles, tomato sauce, and of course, plenty of gooey cheese. Roll it all up into a cylinder-shaped loaf and bake to golden perfection. Finally, slice it up and dig in, adding a few extra dashes of hot sauce for good measure. Trust us, this Garbage Bread is anything but trash.
- 1 Onion, sliced
- ½ lb - Lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp - Barbecue rub
- 2 tbsp - Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp - El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 lb - Pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- ½ cup - Sliced pepperoni
- ½ cup - Sliced pickles
- ½ cup - Tomato sauce
- 1 cup - Shredded orange cheddar
- 1 cup - Shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp - Sesame seeds
- Preheat your grill or oven to 350°F; if using a grill, set it up for indirect cooking.
- Cook the onions and ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat with vegetable oil. Stir in the Red Habanero Sauce and season with barbecue rub while cooking. Set aside.
- Flatten pizza dough on a floured surface to form a rectangle shape of about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread toppings (cooked beef, pepperoni, pickles, tomato sauce and cheeses) on the dough, creating a stripped pattern. Roll the dough into a cylinder shaped loaf, making sure the seam is underneath.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush the surface of the bread with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the baking sheet on the grill or in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, until golden brown. Cut the bread into thick slices and top with a few extra dashes of Red Habanero sauce.